Be The Change │ Nature │ We need to start thinking and acting in the name of sustainability to improve Quality Of Life (QOL)
What is your relationship to nature? Are you its friend or foe? We think it is an interesting question, most people will say friend, whilst in actual fact many areas of concern exist that demonstrate lack of respect towards the natural world and universe.
Nature is not fragile and we personally do not fear the destruction of the planet by man, however we are concerned about the coping strategies the natural world will choose when we agitated and pushed far enough. And we humans have certainly not been acting in any respectful manner towards the planet and nature thus far.
Generally speaking, humans lack common sense and possess many negative qualities like selfishness, self-centered thinking and power hunger. Such qualities seek to exploit rather than nurture, which is why we need to raise the awareness of humanity to a level that learns to live life through deep understanding and respect.
In our view, someone who respects nature would not seek to exploit and overload it, such a person would first seek to understand what they are dealing with rather than just thinking about the personal riches he or she could gain. This does not mean that we could not harness some of the resources nature provides. Obviously we can and should, as it is part of the deal between the universe and life on earth, but we should remember not to go too far.
We certainly do not appreciate the bolstering of humanity, how it takes pride in things it calls its greatest achievements, especially when it comes to engineering projects that do not stem from necessity, but rather from lazy lifestyle, elitism, greed etc. Think about all the:
- Skyscrapers in the big cities, the space they occupy versus the level of use
- Major churches, buildings and industrial sites that sit empty most of the time or have been abandoned
- Aircraft, ships etc. that stand still or operate half empty
- Waste and non-recyclable trash we dump into nature and the sea, for us to live more conveniently
- Cars that only drive with one passenger
- Retail shops full of goods that will never be sold or used
- Food we produce and never consume, pure waste
Think about it, is this really respectful behaviour or is it unsustainable selfishness and megalomania? We think even a blind chicken could figure out the answer to that question. In our view, nature has been kind to us, it has been looking by as we humans exploit almost everything we can get our hands on and even kill each other in the process.
Nature has forgiven our absolute and disgusting level of ignorance and left us to our own devices without interfering much, but we do not think this level of mercy will last forever. Even the kindest person on Gaia (Earth) would eventually take action if someone kept exploiting them without ever learning anything, and this is the unfortunate state of our current existence.
We do however believe that until the penny drops there is still time for us to change, which is why it would make sense to consider and move towards adopting a Think Green mindset and lifestyle, which requires and can be achieved through the following sustainable actions:
- Consumption control (only purchase and use truly necessary clothing, technology, food, drink etc.)
- Champion recycling (recycle everything you can from food to clothing to equipment)
- Resource usage (only harvest, mine or gather truly necessary resources to minimise the burden on the planet)
- Personal action (do more yourself, grow plants, learn to repair things etc. to reduce reliance on services and reduce the need for production)
- Care for the planet (look after and protect nature, all its creations, plants and animals)
- Take charge (become independent and work to create your own self-made self-sustainable lifestyle with minimal need for any services offered by government and companies, live life with high integrity)
- Do not burden the planet (do not perform any work ever, that does not have purpose or value, and that burdens the planet)
We have been teaching ourselves Green Thinking mindset for over ten years, step by step moving towards a lifestyle that is respectful of the natural world. The surprising thing is that we, not only feel better for it, but our relationship and curiosity towards nature and the natural world has clearly deepened and is deepening further. It has also given us a much more meaningful agenda in life then what our previous careers could ever have given us, why? Because this lifestyle can and will follow us throughout our lives, and it gives our life more depth and purpose.
Yes, we know, you are concerned about jobs and income, but trust us, start your journey and in time, hopefully quite soon this concern will resolve itself, as money is on the verge of losing its power over us and the world. We do not need money to live or keep the world going, we need people who are progressive and not lazy. Money, in actual fact, is one of the major reasons for widespread corruption and why e.g. Quality Of Life (QOL) are not progressing or progressive.
Finally, we think it is important to mention that we do not believe in collective standardisation when it comes to individual agenda, because people are on different levels. The important thing is that each and every person would start their own personal journey and take steps towards achieving a green and sustainable life. Let us not make the same mistakes and copy the disgusting collective punishment models that governments and the elite use. Because humanity, most certainly, does not need anymore fear in this existence, rather we ask you to show compassion and if you have made it further on your awareness journey than your neighbour, help them, rather than judge them, because judging is not constructive.
Think Green mindset and lifestyle has the potential to unite people and create a new golden age on Gaia and for humanity. Would it not be great to allow future human colonies on Mars and beyond to be built, from the beginning, based on a sustainable agenda and ideology? We, in this time and space have the opportunity to leave such a legacy, although alternatively we may be remembered as those ignorant failures we are today. We know where we are heading, do you?